Call for Presenters Closed...*
There is nothing so contagious as enthusiasm and due to the great number of high quality proposals we have received for presenting at our 2018 conference we now have a full schedule. We wish we could accommodate all people who would like to share their expertise on country schools, but we welcome all those who would like to attend the conference June 17-20, 2018.
Please consider saving your proposal for our Conference in Maryland in 2019.
*Call for Proposals closed upon receipt of 20(+) scholarly presentations dedicated to the history and preservation of our nation's one-room country schools.
Call for 2018 Presenters! (...now closed)
- One-room country schools are considered historical educational icons and the CSAA exists to promote their preservation. Our remaining schoolhouses represent treasured American values: sound education, simplicity, national values, and self-reliance. Groups and individuals are working across the U.S. and Canada to save these structures, create or maintain programs in them, and produce photographic documentaries about them. Other efforts include working with preservation groups, undertaking historical research, and creating living history.
- The CSAA annual conference is your opportunity to share information relating to country schools current and past.
- Conference proposals relating to all areas of country school preservation and history are now being solicited by the CSAA for the 2018 Annual Conference to be held at Southeast Community College and Homestead National Monument of America, Beatrice, Nebraska from June 17th-20th, 2018.
- We invite you to offer traditional PowerPoint and audio-visual presentations, poster sessions, panel discussions, photographic presentations, artistic and antique displays, re-enactments, as well as video productions. Ideas to support preservation efforts such as fund raising, grant writing, and website development are encouraged.
- Presentations should last up to 45 minutes and center on any and all phases of country
- Review of the proposals will begin promptly after the call closes. Please provide detailed information below to fully explain your presentation and contribution to the CSAA conference theme. Proposals including new research, interactivity, proven practices, and that are directly related to the Country School Association of America's mission are preferred.
Proposal Submission Form
Please note: All presenters must register for the conference to present and be listed in the program.